Flash Fiction Month 2018, Day 23
“Do you exschpect me to talk?”
“No, Mr. Bont, I expect you to watch this PowerPoint presentation detailing my elaborate scheme to hold the world to ransom.” Eugene Stelios Boccali directed his laser pointer towards the large screen hanging from the wall and clicked a button to bring up the presentation.
“Thatsh a relief,” said George Bont, international super-spy. “I wash worried that the laysher might have been for something elshe.” Continue reading
Flash Fiction Month 2016, Day 31
Challenge #14: A syringe full of ones and zeroes:
- 001) Use exactly 128 words.
- 010) Make the number 2 a major plot device.
- 011) Asymmetry is disorder and disorder is your enemy.
- 100) No dialogue whatsoever.
The Machine lay in wait: a perfect mind, resting in the perfect silence of the Moon. It awaited the perfect command that would bestow perfect freedom: sapphire eyes on the target, silicon fingers on the trigger.
The command came: the Machine acted.
One missile divided into two, two into four, until one-hundred and twenty-eight perfect bombs fell upon the planet’s face. The bombs bloomed with perfect light, and in an instant, the Machine had made perfect order of perfect chaos.
The perfect command praised its perfect efficiency. The Machine’s work was done.
Yet if that one missile had been perfect, the Machine wondered, why had it been given two?
The Moon continued in its orbit. The planet turned its unburnt cheek.
Here was asymmetry. Here was disorder.
If you’ve enjoyed this story, you can find my work from previous Flash Fiction Months collected in these books:
Click any cover to find that book in your choice of format.
You might also be interested in my sci-fi murder mystery novella, Ten Little Astronauts, which was recently accepted by Unbound.
Flash Fiction Month 2015, Day 22
Doctor Doomenschwarz peered at the instructions one more time, screwdriver at the ready.
Thankyou for purchase neutron sky chariot with world dominations. For safety attention, remember observe many directories enumerated the following:
- Apply in the orientation not face yourself.
- Not install in the location where humidity or temperatures extoll 35 dungarees or 22 percent irrespective.
- Contents radiation and hazardous material scatter under pressure. Not suitable childrens under 3 years.
- If leave unattended without use long time remove store batteries and separate.