I’ve been meaning to write some kind of update for a while now, but never quite managed to find the time to cover everything. I figured the simplest thing to do was record a video instead, and anything I didn’t think to mention was probably safe to forget about.
For anyone who doesn’t have two minutes to spare, here are the main things to mention:
- A lot of stuff I was due to turn up at has been cancelled due to Coronavirus. Today in particular, I was due to appear on an author panel at Winchester Comic Con. It’s not exactly that big a surprise, though, which is partly why I didn’t announce that I’d be there ahead of time: the cancellation was looking likely well before the organisers actually made the call.
- Face of Glass is currently being serialised by The Pigeonhole. If you fancy four more days of free fantasy goodness (four staves are already available to read), grab your slot here.
- I have a job! Or possibly two jobs for the same employer. I guess it depends how you count. I’m able to work from home so although there’s been a certain amount of disruption (including an annoying level of panic-buying clearing out the local shops) things are actually not too chaotic for me personally.
- Partly because I’ve got steady work, some of my creative projects have got held back a bit. 2019’s Flash Fiction Month anthology – Smallholding – is actually available already, though only as an ebook so far.
- GUNBABY may or may not be finished in time for the Spring Thing deadline. If it isn’t, I’ll most likely try and submit it to IFComp instead. You can find very occasional development updates on Twitter.
There’s more, but clearly it wasn’t important enough for me to think of just now. Stay safe, wash your hands, and if you feel like following along with the Face of Glass serial, here’s that link again.