It’s that time of year again! Somewhere in the world it is June 15th, and so (for the people living there) Flash Fiction Day has begun. If it’s June 15th where you are, you may start writing too.
If you haven’t signed up already, it’s not too late! Simply leave a comment on this post and I’ll add your name to the list.
Here’s the plan for the day:
- The event begins at the very start of June 15th, your local time. You can start writing any time after that.
- Write your first piece of flash fiction. Maximum 1,000 words, minimum 1 word. (I have read every conceivable 0 word story and am now bored of the genre.)
- Publish a blog post (or equivalent) titled “Flash Fiction Day Submissions” (or something more imaginative) containing that story.
- Post a link to your post in the comments below. I’ll approve it and add the link next to your name as quickly as possible.
- Write more stories! Edit those new stories into to your FFD post (possibly with a note to say what time you started/finished them). You should end up with something that looks a little like this. All your stories must be available through the one link you give me – I will not be sitting around all day adding second/third/fourth/fifteenth links for every single participant.
- That’s it! All your stories for the day are available in one place where readers can easily find them.
- When June 15th ends, so does the event. Of course, you’re free to stop writing earlier if you like.