Welcome fans of flash fiction! During the 24 hours of June 16th (in their respective time zones), the people listed here will be attempting to produce as many flash fiction pieces (between one and one thousand words inclusive in length) as possible.
If you haven’t signed up already, it’s not too late! Just leave a comment on this sign-up post letting me know you’re a new writer who wants to join in. You can then leave a link to your Flash Fiction Day post below. Separating sign-ups and submissions like this makes it easier for me to work out if I’m adding a whole new participant to the event or if I’m just pasting a link next to a name that’s already in there.
Here’s the plan for the day:
- The event begins at the very start of June 16th, your local time. You can start writing any time after that.
- Write your first piece of flash fiction. Maximum 1,000 words, minimum 1 word. (I have read every conceivable 0 word story and am now bored of the genre.)
- Publish a blog post (or equivalent) titled “Flash Fiction Day Submissions” (or something more imaginative) containing that story.
- Post a link to your post on my official FFD post (not this sign-up one). I’ll approve it and add the link to the post itself as quickly as possible.
- Write more stories! Add those new stories to your FFD post (possibly with a note to say what time you started/finished them). You should end up with something that looks a little like this.
- That’s it! All your stories for the day are available in one place where readers can easily find them.
- When June 16th ends, so does the event. Of course, you’re free to stop writing earlier if you like.
And here are the people who’ll be doing it!