“Osiris Likes This” Available for Preorder

You’ve read the stories, now read the book! All my work from Flash Fiction Month 2015 is bundled up and ready to go.

Osiris Likes This Cover

The book is currently available for preorder on Smashwords at the low low cost of $0.99 and will be released at midnight on the 10th of October. It’ll still be priced at $0.99 after that, though, so don’t worry if you don’t quite catch it: I’m mostly just trying to give the book a couple of days head start to reach retailers before it’s officially available.

If you’re looking for extra stories, you’ll be happy to know that the introduction to this year’s collection features the vengeful masked avenger himself, Captain Redundancy, and that you can read that portion online before release as part of the sample.

OCR is Not the Only Font Cover REDESIGN (Barbecued Iguana)Red Herring Cover (Barbecued Iguana design)Bionic Punchline eBook CoverOsiris Likes This Cover

For anyone wanting a paperback copy to add to the rainbow party on their shelves, those are in the works too. Formatting the ebook (not to mention writing the front and end matter) has got me 75% of the way there, but I want to take the time to get the remaining 25% right.

For anybody wondering about the title, it was partly down to the poll I ran a few weeks ago, partly down to practicality. As well as being one of my personal favourites from this year’s event, Osiris Likes This lent itself nicely to any number of blue Egyptian objects, and was a short enough phrase to fit easily on the cover. Some Disassembly Required, the top option, would have been nice (and was similarly well suited to a few different blue images) but ultimately would have been difficult to squeeze onto the cover neatly.

If you’d like to buy Osiris Likes This, here’s the link again. And of course, if you haven’t yet read the first three books in the series, they’re still absolutely free.


    • Damon L. Wakes

      Thanks! I didn’t expect to be giving nearly so much thought to what goes on the covers, but since they’re a big part of what ties the series together it seems worthwhile aiming for a consistent look.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.