The Official Flash Fiction Day Journal is now posted on deviantART for all to see!
Though there so far hasn’t been any interest on the sign-up post, the response on deviantART has been even better than expected! I’m looking forward to seeing a good range of short stories coming in for this event. If you want to read them, here’s that link again. New work will be added throughout the day.
And if you feel like writing something for Flash Fiction Day, go ahead and post the link in the comments below! I’d be more than happy to share your work in this very post.
Here’s a rundown of the event:
- The event begins at the very start of June 22nd, your local time. You can start writing any time after that.
- Write your first piece of flash fiction. Maximum 1,000 words, minimum 1 word. (I have read every conceivable 0 word story and am now bored of the genre.)
- Publish a blog post (or equivalent) titled “Flash Fiction Day Submissions” (or something more imaginative) containing that story.
- Post a link to your post on my FFD post. I’ll approve it and add the link to the post itself as quickly as possible.
- Write more stories! Add those new stories to your FFD post (possibly with a note to say what time you started/finished them). You might consider tweeting each time a new story becomes available to read.
- That’s it! All your stories for the day are available in one place where readers can easily find them.
- When June 22nd ends, so does the event. Of course, you’re free to stop writing earlier if you like.